Dashboard - Light view

FAQ posts are linked from the application ocp.outages.io therefore, in no particular order in this forum. This is a work in progress
KelAuth

Dashboard - Light view

Post by KelAuth »

The Light view is the default new member view.

The purpose of the Light dashboard view is to show information in way that most can understand while troubleshooting their Internet connection.
Some prefer more details while others prefer less.

To switch between less information and more information, click on the Light view or Standard view buttons.

Light view, shareable section
This is a quick representation of how this Internet connection is behaving.

shared-ligh-reports-001.png
shared-ligh-reports-001.png (17.49 KiB) Viewed 14 times

The Light view allows sharing the top section of the reports on Facebook or Twitter. To share on other sites or to send the same image via email, there is a download option as well.

Breakdown of my Internet problems
This graph shows where most of the problems are in terms of being local, with the provider or beyond.

When my Internet was down
This area shows ongoing updates of confirmed Internet outages, when they happened and where the algorithm thinks the problem was, on your own network, with your provider or beyond.

My outages in a visual representation (mouse over for details)
While the above provides basic information about outages, mousing over each event in this section reveals more details about the event.

shared-ligh-reports-002.png
shared-ligh-reports-002.png (4.8 KiB) Viewed 11 times

Each entry shows date, time, duration, hop count, hop down, who owns it and more. To help understand how the Internet works, we have written an article that tries to explain it in non technical terms and can be found here. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27.

The information provided is key to understanding where most of the problems are originating from and how to deal with them by having hard facts.
If an agent owner does not have the technical ability to understand these results, someone who is more technically inclined should be able to provide assistance and explain what they are seeing. Members are also welcome to post in these forums and we'll try to help when ever possible.

When are most of my outages at (mouse over for details)
This graph shows when most of the problems are occurring with this Internet service.

when are most of my outages.png
when are most of my outages.png (6.13 KiB) Viewed 321 times

Over time and as outages are logged, added into this agents reports, a trend will begin to emerge in the graph.
Each bar represents a 30 minute time frame and each bar contains up to three time ranges between seconds, minutes and hours.
By looking at the bars, one can see when most of the problems are occurring, how long they generally are.

In the above example, the most common time of outages for this connection is about 5:30pm and most of the outages are seconds long or under one minute. The graph shows that there are other times when this connection suffers the most problems such as around 7am and around 1am.

At a glance
The right hand column is the 'At a glance' section and contains basic information about the agent along with useful network details.
When asking for help with an agent, always share the agent ID so that support can look at its reports.